Tuesday November 27th is #GivingTuesday, an international day of giving. People all over the world will be giving to the charities closest to their hearts. I hope you’ll choose to make a tax deductible donation to The Safe Tennessee Project on this important day, because our goal of $5,000 is our most ambitious ever! What happens if we succeed?
Well, with your help on #GivingTuesday, we will:
- Train student leaders across the state to be effective advocates for safer schools and communities
- Work with national partners on initiatives to engage Tennessee communities most impacted by gun violence
- Grow our membership, including starting chapters in all three of Tennessee’s grand divisions and developing House Party toolkits for volunteers
- Research and publish reports on state-specific data and gun violence trends in Tennessee
- Expand our outreach to survivors of gun violence
- Provide more Gun Policy 101 classes and expand our training curriculum
- Continue to educate and advocate for evidenced-based policies to reduce gun violence in our state
Want to DOUBLE your donation?
Facebook is partnering with Paypal to match donations up to $250k per nonprofit on #GivingTuesday. There are TWO ways you can take advantage of this opportunity.
1) Individuals can setup their own fundraisers for approved nonprofits. You can donate to Safe Tennessee through this Facebook fundraiser. If you donate to Safe Tennessee through this fundraiser, your contribution will be matched by Facebook and Paypal. There are no processing fees associated with the fundraiser. If you donate $25, we’ll receive $50. If you donate $250, we’ll receive $500!
2) You can set up your own Facebook fundraiser for Safe Tennessee! It’s easy – only takes about 2-3 minutes…go to www.facebook.com/
And of course, you can always donate directly to Safe Tennessee by visiting our donation page. You can make a one time gift or choose to make a monthly, recurring donation. All donations are tax deductible.